Join The DAA Educational Task Force (2019 Initiatives)
DAA is recruiting for its next educational task force! Would you like to make a meaningful contribution to our community, while growing your own skills and making some new networking connections? Below is a summary of this new opportunity, if you think it may be good fit then please reach out to DAA Education Manager, Adrienne Segundo.
Initial Duration: January through end of 2019 1-year Appointment
Looking for 6 individuals to serve this task-force.
Key Support Activities: content selection and review for webinars and other products, speaker/subject matter expert selection for short course certificate program, light copy development, education product testing and review of any DAA education offerings prior to launch
1-2 hours per week, mostly flexible scheduling
1-hour teleconference, monthly
We are pleased to invite current DAA members to volunteer for projects. We need your skills, passion, insight, and perspectives to build an energetic and diverse group of volunteers. If you're not yet a member, learn more about all the benefits of membership including volunteering.
DAA – Self-Assessment Task Force Opportunity
The Digital Analyst Self-Assessment is the ultimate professional development resource for digital analysts. Intuitive and easy-to-use, the self-assessment asks you to rate yourself against the key defined competencies of successful digital analysts. Once completed, you can see how you measure up in the job market, in your current role, and for job roles to which you aspire.
The Framework in which the DAA Self-Assessment is linked to, defines the skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to succeed in the field of digital analytics. The Competency Framework spans three experience levels (Entry-Level, Mid-Level, and Senior), and across two professional tracks (Analytical and Technical). The Framework can be used by digital analysts, their employers, HR professionals, and educators.
The Competency Framework is designed to benefit professionals, organizations, and the industry as a whole:
- Professionals: Identify your competencies and plan your career path.
- Organizations: Assess applicants against a standardized set of competencies.
- Industry: Establish consistency across all titles and positions in multiple sectors of the industry.
- Academic Institutions: Prepare students to enter the field of Data Analytics.
The Digital Analyst Self-Assessment needs to continuously be maintained. Meaning, as new tools, resources, and other educational offerings become available we need subject matter expert volunteers to help us link these tools, resources, and other educational offerings to the self-assessment tool task statements. Thus, users of this tool will continuously have renewed resources available for their lifelong learning.
If you are interested in assisting DAA with linking external tools, resources, and other educational offerings to the self-assessment tool, please email DAA's Education Manager, Adrienne Segundo.
10 – 15 hours over the duration of a few months
Digital Analytics Recipes Requested
The DAA Community is looking for members to volunteer to contribute fresh recipes to the Digital Analytics Cookbook and to review existing recipes to ensure we have robust and accurate content available. As one of the most popular member benefits, the Cookbook is the ideal place to add your name and showcase your expertise. Contact community manager Catherine Hackney at [email protected] if you are interested.
DAA Community Task Force Volunteer Opportunity
Seeking volunteers interested in helping to increase participation in the DAA Community for the benefit of the membership. This will be a year long commitment.
Join the DAA Community Task Force to get leadership experience and an enhanced reputation among DAA members. Active volunteers will also receive a letter of participation that they can use in their personnel file.
DAA Community Task Force Responsibilities:
- Create conversation by starting new threads
- Reply to unanswered posts
- Encourage participation of other DAA members
- Review Recipes in the Analytics Cookbook
- Participate in a monthly call
Time Commitment for Volunteers:
There will be 2-3 hours of work per month. This group will use conference calls for group meetings but not all work will involve group discussion. Individuals will be able to complete tasks on their own when their schedule permits, such as reviewing recipes.
If you would like to volunteer for this task force or if you have questions, please contact Catherine Hackney at [email protected].
DAA Quanties Volunteer Opportunity
The Quanties is the preeminent awards ceremony in the digital analytics industry. We are now in the process of planning the second annual event (tentatively scheduled for Sept 2019).
If you enjoy event planning, and improving a meaningful contest to recognize the best in our industry, you would be a great fit for our committee. The team works together to help establish the award categories, guidelines for entering, recruiting judges, marketing the competition, and planning the actual party itself.
This will be a year long commitment with a weekly phone conference call, supported by DAA staff and an existing, fun committee of DAA volunteers.
If you would like to volunteer for this committee or if you have questions, please contact Shannon Taylor.
DAA Mentoring Program Opportunity
We are seeking experienced analysts interested in participating in the new Mentoring Program as mentors. One mentoring relationship lasts 6 months and you may continue in the program as long as you would like to. This is a member-driven program and mentoring connections are initiated by participants in the program.
- It will be the mentee’s responsibility to establish goals and will be the mentor’s responsibility to set expectations on what can be accomplished during the 6-month relationship.
- The mentor will be responsive to mentee questions in between scheduled meetings and make time to meet with the mentee regularly with the expectation of meeting 1 hour per month.
- The mentor will be respectful by showing up to calls on time and giving advance notice if a call must be rescheduled.
Become a mentor and:
- Be recognized as a leader and teacher within the digital analytics industry.
- Gain a fresh perspective and learn from your mentee.
- Experience the rewarding feeling of empowering your fellow analysts.
- Enhance your LinkedIn profile and resume by adding "Volunteer Mentor for the DAA Women in Analytics Mentoring Program."
- Earn CWA professional development units (PDUs) for participating.
As an experienced analyst, be part of DAA’s commitment to the professional development of women in analytics and be a part of shaping the future of the industry.
If you would like to volunteer as a mentor or if you have questions, please send a message to [email protected]